It is important to remember that before you pack and move to Mount Isa to keep out the information and documentation you will need for your application for residential tenancy.
Things like bank statements, phone/electricity bills, rates notices, birth certificate and passports are all required to complete the application, and so packing them away in storage may mean you will be short on the required identification.
The viewing and application process is below:
- Look on our website, or collect a rental list from our office
- Work out which properties you are interested in viewing and contact the office to arrange a viewing.
- Attend the property on the specified date and time to have a look through
- If you are interested in applying for the property, deliver to the office a complete application form, including all identification and payslips, or proof of income
- Once this has been received our office will complete checks, such as references, TICA database and employment
- This process can take anywhere from 2 days to a week, depending on contact with the owner, and references etc
If you are NOT approved for a property:
- If you are still actively looking for a property through our office you can let the rental management team know and we can hold onto your application for one month.
If you ARE approved for a property:
- A non-refundable holding deposit will need to be paid, this is equal to one week’s rent. Our office is a no cash prmises so the deposit will need to be paid by EFT
- Upon paying the holding deposit the property will cease being shown to any other prospective tenants, and is secured as yours.
- A time and date will be arranged to sign all the relevant lease documents and to pay the BOND (equivalent to 4 week’s rent) and 1 x week’s rent, the holding deposit will be transferred over and become your 2nd week’s rent. This process takes about half an hour and all lease holders will need to be present to sign.
- It’s important to remember to return your inventory to our office within 3 days, making any changes to it regarding the state of the property. The important of this report being returned, inside the time period, cannot be stressed enough.
For further information on renting in QLD please see the RTA website link.
www.rta.qld.gov.au or alternately, contact our office.