Crikey – Mount Isa’s commercial property uncovered
Mount Isa has a healthy and diverse commercial property market for buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants. Jays Real Estate has been at the forefront of the Mt Isa commercial property market since 1981. Read on to find out everything you need to know about it.
The commercial property market in Mount Isa
Mount Isa has a strong commercial property sector for mining and a range of services (including transport, mechanical repairs, retail stores, wholesalers, hotels, restaurants/cafes, health and education).
Forecast growth industries for the future include:
- minerals processing,
- transport and logistics,
- irrigated agriculture,
- non-conventional petroleum and gas exploration,
- precious metal and rare earth exploration, and
The strongest demand for commercial property in Mount Isa tends to be for:
- industrial/warehouse space,
- retail space,
- office space,
- accommodation complexes, and
- commercially zoned land.
Rent charges vary considerably depending on the type of commercial property asset, its size and location.
The long-term nature of the mining industry and other forecast growth industries in Mount Isa such as agriculture, transport and logistics tends to encourage long-term leases.
Buying and selling Mount Isa commercial property
We sell various types of Mount Isa commercial property at Jays’ including industrial/warehouse, retail or office space, accommodation complexes, businesses for sale and commercially zoned land.
Mount Isa commercial properties that we have recently sold include:
- a warehouse complex in Sunset.
- an industrial complex on Old Mica Creek Road.
- a CBD commercial building in West Street.
- retail space in Townview.
- workshop and office space on Enterprise Road.
- commercial showroom/warehouse/storage space in Miles Street.
- industrial/commercial space on Enterprise Road.
- shed and office space in Ryan.
- a mixed tenant CBD site.
- CBD business premises.
Buyers include owner-occupiers and investors. They can be locals or out-of-towners looking for a good commercial property opportunity in Mount Isa.
Mount Isa commercial property for sale
You can see all the commercial properties that we currently have available for sale at Jays Real Estate here.
You can also find out our top tips for selling Mount Isa commercial properties here.
Leasing Mount Isa commercial property
Mount Isa commercial properties that we have recently leased to tenants include:
- office space in Beverley Lane.
- retail space in Miles Street.
- office space in Marian Street.
- an industrial site on Industrial Avenue.
- a workshop on Traders Way.
- an industrial complex on Duchess Road.
- office/retail space on Marian Street.
- CBD shop/office space.
- a multiple use CBD building.
- modern office premises in Gray Street.
Mount Isa commercial property for lease
You can see all the commercial properties that we currently have available for lease at Jays Real Estate here.
You can also find out our top tips for leasing Mt Isa commercial properties here.
The commercial property outlook in Mount Isa
The commercial property outlook for the right businesses in Mount Isa is bright. The local economy is growing and the long-term nature of mining operations ensures that it will be a viable city long into the future.
Buyers and tenants who are looking to tap into the lucrative opportunities available in Mount Isa can come from anywhere across Australia or internationally. They can also include locals. It’s important to talk to a local real agent who specialises in commercial property and who knows all about the market conditions.
If you’re thinking about leasing, renting, selling or buying any Mount Isa property, or you need your property managed, contact our team today for an obligation-free chat!
We’d be happy to provide you with advice and to answer any questions you have.