Get a shed load of this – bold and beautiful backyard beauties
One of the great things about Mount Isa real estate is that large residential blocks are the norm, not the exception like they are in the big cities. That means they usually have bigger backyards and plenty of room for a backyard shed. You can also be very creative with how you use one!
Creative ways to use Mount Isa sheds
Here are just some ideas:
- a workshop,
- a gym,
- a cubby house,
- a home office,
- an entertaining room,
- a ‘man cave’ with TV,
- pool table and bar, or
- a storage shed for all your outdoor toys (e.g. a boat, a kayak or camping equipment).
If you have a big shed, you might be able to combine some or all of these ideas.
Popular Mt Isa shed features
If you’re thinking about buying a new shed or revamping your existing one, here are some key features to keep in mind.
- Think carefully about the overall shed positioning, as well as the positioning and size of windows, access doors and lights.
- Include multiple power points in convenient locations.
- Make sure you have a solid concrete base.
- Choose a shed with strong, weather-resistant materials, like Colorbond or Zincalume steel.
- Consider installing a skylight for natural light.
- Make sure you have fans or air cons to beat the heat.
- Make use of all the space you have. This includes the walls and ceiling racks where you may be able to hang or store various shed items. Also consider installing shelving.
- Consider how much warranty the shed supplier is offering. You should be able to get a 15-year guarantee on a quality shed’s materials and construction.
Mount Isa shed FAQs
Here are all the answers you need to make a smart shed buying decision.
Do you need council approval to build a backyard shed in Mount Isa?
Yes. You need a building permit for a ‘proper’ shed to be built in your backyard, unless it’s just a small garden storage shed that you can buy from somewhere like Bunnings.
What is a decent-sized backyard shed?
Popular backyard shed sizes in Mount Isa start at around 6m x 6m and work their way up from there. There are a range of square or rectangular shed size options available from local shed suppliers, and you can also get a custom shed built to your specifications.
How much does a decent-sized backyard shed cost?
This depends on the size of the shed. They can range from less than $10,000 for smaller sheds through to $20,000 or more for larger sizes.
Can you install a backyard shed yourself?
This depends on your handyman skills. If you don’t have them, it can save you time and hassle if you get a professional to install it for you instead. It will be worth the extra cost and it may make it easier to get your final council approval after construction.
How much value will a shed add to my Mount Isa home?
This depends on factors such as:
- the size of the shed.
- the shed’s features and potential uses.
A decent-sized shed is a feature that many Mount Isa home buyers and tenants look for in a property.
If you’re thinking about buying, selling, renting or leasing any Mount Isa property, or you need your investment property managed, contact our team today for an obligation-free chat!
We’d be happy to provide you with advice and to answer any questions you have.