Photo checklist when selling or leasing your Mount Isa property
Having impacting Mount Isa property photos online can really help to drive potential buyers or tenants your way. But it’s not just a case of snapping a few photos with your phone and hoping for the best. Here’s our checklist to help you get the best Mt Isa property photos.
Hire a real estate pro
A real estate pro like one of our team at Jays will ensure that you prepare well so that you can get the best visuals for your property. Great photos help to make our selling job easier for buyers everywhere, so we’ll be as keen as you are to get great shots of your property.
Your photos may be the only chance you get to impress a potential buyer or tenant. Many will decide whether to even attend an open home based on the photos alone. Out-of-town or interstate buyers may even make a buying or renting decision based on your property’s visuals.
You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression, and these days, your online photos are that first impression.
Let’s now take a look at how to prepare for a property photo shoot.
- Avoid having parked cars on your driveway or grass.
- Remove visible toys like caravans, boats, trailers or bikes.
- Hide your wheelie bins.
- Make sure your lawn is mowed and your garden looks tidy.
- Ensure garden hoses, tools or toys aren’t visible.
- Take your Kreepy Krauly out of your pool and put any other pool equipment out of sight.
- Remove pet bowls and beds.
- Remove personal items like family photos.
- Get rid of any clutter, including books, floor mats and rugs.
- Make sure your windows, floors and mirrors are clean.
Now let’s look at some specific internal areas.
- Turn off your TV and hide your remote control.
- Ensure power cords and chargers aren’t visible.
- Remove any items from bedside and dressing tables.
- Make sure no clothes or toys are visible.
- Remove any portable devices like fans or bins.
- Tidy up any desks.
- Ensure the beds are neatly made.
- Remove wall pictures.
- Clear all the bench tops by removing items like cutting boards, dish racks, tea towels, plates, plugs and cleaning products/equipment.
- Remove fridge magnets, photos and any other items from your fridge door.
- Remove items like toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, soap, razors, shampoo, cleaning products, scales, towels, floor mats, spare toilet rolls and plugs from sight.
- Close your toilet lid.
- Don’t have any clothes visible (even in laundry baskets).
- Get rid of any unnecessary items like shoe racks or pet bowls.
- Make your garage or shed look uncluttered and spacious by removing all or as many items as possible before taking a shot.
- Clean your garage/shed before the photos are taken.
The bottom line
Some simple preparation can set your home up for great photos to highlight its best features. Once your photo shoot has been done, keep your home the way it looks in the photos while it’s for sale or lease.
When you do, buyers and tenants who come to inspect your property aren’t disappointed. It will also give your agent every opportunity to show it off to get the result you want!
If you’re thinking about buying, selling, renting or leasing any Mt Isa property, or you need your property professionally managed, then contact our team today for an obligation-free chat!
We’d be happy to provide you with advice and to answer any property questions you have.